Many families have benefited from direct requests, submitted by a JRI staff member, to help one of their clients in need. Our goal, in fulfilling these requests, is to instill a sense of HOPE for these children and families.
We have created many positive experiences for our children which have included sponsorship to attend the following:
- Therapeutic riding camps;
- Dance school;
- Swimming lessons;
- A variety of summer camps;
- Recreational sports programs.
In addition, we have been able to offer emergency relief to those affected by fire or families on the brink of homelessness as well as basic necessities for families in need. Items we were able to provide in 2014 include:
- Therapeutic games and sensory items that would not be covered under insurance;
- New clothes, shoes, sneakers;
- Gift cards between $50-100 to purchase groceries at local grocery stores;
- Building materials for a family to complete a critical home maintenance project;
- A desk, chair and supplies for a child who needed the space to be able to concentrate on her academics in the midst of a chaotic family environment;
- A prom dress for a teenager who wanted to be a princess for the day to attend her prom
And finally, many children and families were beneficiaries of our two larger initiatives:
- Over 60 children benefited from our 2014 Back-to-School supply drive and
- Hundreds were able to receive gifts of toys, electronics, clothing and hygiene products from our Shop for a Child in Need event held the week before Christmas.
Giving Back Never Felt so Good
Hope for the Holidays 2010
Hope for the Holidays 2011
Hope for All Seasons 2014 – “Fall into the Holidays”
Hope for All Seasons 2015 – “Tis the Season of Giving”